Is that Medicine Actually Helping Someone?

I recently watched and episode of NCIS, which in case some of you didn't know is a science fiction show about the investigation of deaths of Military personal. One of the shows was about a man who killed someone but, throughout the show several of the men in that same division were sporadically violent and reported delusional images. Later you come to find out all of these men had taken the same post traumatic stress disorder medicine which was the linking factor and thought to be the cause of these violent outbursts. Many PTSD patients are treated with antidepressants or anticonvulsants which can dramatically change ones personality. Antidepressants work by affecting the concentration of neurotransmitters. Anticonvulsants are something where the exact mechanisms are unknown; possible effects include enhancing or inhibiting effects of neurotransmitters associated with anxiety and blockade of sodium channels in the brain. Although these medicines have greatly improved the lives of many with PTSD we still see many of these examples of the the one in NCIS where these medicines have detached the patient and skewed their perceptions, so are these medications worth the unknown side effects?asdkjh.jpg

My Favorite blog this week was Risky Buisness!

I absolutely love NCIS!! However, I do not remember that episode ughhh. I enjoyed how you creatively distinguished the text styles. It made it fun to read and it also helped that you literally underlined some of the key points.