1 down, 14 to go.

i usually feel better after the first week is done. i vaguely know where i stand and how many papers I have to write and so on. already i'm trying to calculate how i can get my work done without losing my mind and also without short-changing ash on the parenting side of things.

i was always a planner, but being a parent has accentuated this tendency even more so. on top of my class work i'm planning for my M.A. exams in april, trying to make sure all the paperwork is in order, and thinking about either a job or a ph.d program for next fall. i write a lot of lists.

oh, and my family just told me that everyone is going to Columbus, Georgia for Christmas this year, for NINE days. My brother lives there. so, my one brother moves south and the other 5 (plus kids) of us are going down there? what do you guys think? I really shouldn't spend 500-700 bucks on the trip, and that doesn't even include the gifts, fruitcake or scotch. if i don't go my whole family is down there for the holidays and if i do go the whole gob will probably go on my credit card, ooch. plus, NINE days? is that really neccessary? maybe I'm just not looking at the situation in the right light. but, on the other hand, i am the family's only non-gainfully employed single-parent who cooks all of her own food at home and who studies financially unproductive topics like reader and book history. should i stay or should i go? Posted by wood0072 at September 12, 2005 9:08 PM