DANIEL in Iraq

THIS is really interesting. I used my link for All the King's Horses, my Iraq blog, and it brought me to a blog titled "free big tits porn." I am NOT going to hyperlink to that blog. good gravy people.

so I googled for the King's Horses blog, and found it moved to his girlfriend's blog.

The last time I'd checked in with him, he was writing about how he was feeling disillusioned about the war, how he was not allowed to go home after he fulfilled his tour, and how the U.S. gov.t was cracking down on internet use in the military. His last entry says that he was ordered to discontinue his blog, and there is also a formal apology and retraction that sounds suspiciously forced:

Double Plus Ungood
I thank all of you who have been so supportive recently. I have never before received so much positive feedback, and it was very heart-warming to know that so many people out there care. Having said that, it breaks my heart to say that this will be my last post on this blog. I wish I could just stop there, but I can not. The following also needs to be said:

For the record, I am officially a supporter of the administration and of her policies. I am a proponent for the war against terror and I believe in the mission in Iraq. I understand my role in that mission, and I accept it. I understand that I signed the contract which makes stop loss legal, and I retract any statements I made in the past that contradict this one. Furthermore, I have the utmost confidence in the leadership of my chain of command, including (but not limited to) the president George Bush and the honorable secretary of defense Rumsfeld. If I have ever written anything on this site or on others that lead the reader to believe otherwise, please consider this a full and complete retraction.

I apologize for any misunderstandings that might understandably arise from this. Should you continue to have questions, please feel free to contact me through e-mail. I promise to respond personally to each, but it may take some time; my internet access has become restricted.

POSTED BY DANIEL AT SATURDAY, OCTOBER 22, 2005

Changing the rules as they go? Retracting a contract?

eagle1.gif

So, evidently, if you join the military to help pay for school, you forfeit your right to communicate and conscientiously object. If they're going to bribe young students into joining the army, they should at least pay the bribe. Posted by wood0072 at November 17, 2005 12:02 PM