Why is the MDTA Ballot designed the way it is??

Friday November 19, 2004
4:49 pm

It is only about 5 pm but already I feel like I should be getting into bed and sleeping away. However, that is not going to talk about that. I am judging a round right now (yeah, yeah, I realize that perhaps I should give that my undivided attention, but it is just not going to happen. I was feeling guilty today for just sitting around being a bum and watching “Dawson’s Creek” until like 11 am, and then I remembered that I am officially working until past 10 pm tonight and the feelings of guilt were sharply reduced.

The judge’s lounge at the tournament has not yet been set up. Bahh. Thankfully, I am only judging 3 rounds total at the tournament, so I will have time to finally write the introduction to this agonism paper.

This round is really really bad for a varsity round.

My birthday is coming up and I am very excited – the boy is spending time tomorrow going shopping, etc. and I can’t wait to see what he comes up with. Hopefully there will be dessert.

Last night I had the yummiest dinner at the Loring Pasta Bar in Dinkytown. They just changedtheir menu and have this yummy new feature. You can get a meat type item with a sauce/butter/etc. and then a side dish. I had grilled salmon with a gorgonzola butter and garlic mashed potatoes. The boy had pork with some sauce and mashed potatoes. Then he starting looking lustfully at… my mashed potatoes. So, I gave him some and had a few glasses of Tempranillo and all was good. On a side note, I am really liking Spanish and Portugese wines as of late. And on a second note of randomness, I am really hungry right now. Lately, I have had a massive sweet tooth and I have found the best new food to satisfy it: Chocolate oat crisps. You can get them at IKEA and they come in this big box and it is an oat crisp sandwich with dark chocolate. With a glass of milk, I feel like I might be European. Or at least have a major desire to be European.
I really want dinner. Really really want dinner. GURGLE GRUMBLE GRUMBLE GRUMBLE.

Only 15 or so minutes left in this round. Thank god.

I got the coolest mix cd from Eric – thank you, thank you, thank you. This reminds me of the coolest website ever: artofthemix.com or .org… Google it. You can search for mixes based on a mood, title, or inclusion of a certain song by a certain artist. You can easily waste hours (and hey, isn’t that what you want to do?!)

More in a bit

Posted by woodw032 at November 19, 2004 7:51 PM