Mountain Biking and Fondue

So, things I have noticed. First, substitute teaching is not the world’s hardest job, particularly when everyone gets laptops and is researching. Secondly, something amazing and wonderful has happened to MN weather and all I want to do is be outside. Thirdly, I really, really wish that I had someone to mountain bike with, especially someone starting out. Ideally, I would find another girl, who is cool, who also wants to learn to mountain bike. Sadly, I cannot find anyone who wants to start out. However, I am very excited about getting to go rock climbing tomorrow; I have never been and am going with a group and it should be really fun and almost like mtb in the getting covered with dirt type of way. I don’t really have much to talk about. Tonight the boy and I are going to the Melting Pot since sometime around now is the 1 year anniversary of our first date. Interestingly, I wasn’t even really thinking about it and he has been the one who has pushed for having a nice date and doing stuff for it. He hasn’t ever had fondue, and we thought about going to Sapor or Alma again, since both of those places have just amazing food, but I think this will be more fun. And we can try to poke each other with the fondue forks (this pretending that I am a mature adult thing is sadly a façade). It is also nice, because the meal is really spaced out there and you have a lot of time to talk, and cooking and eating the food takes time, so it ends up being a really relaxing experience. I went to the one in Nashville for my 21st birthday with about 10 other people and it was the absolutely perfect thing to do. We got to drink good wine, take forever eating, talk, get dressed up and look great, and feel sophisticated. On the topic of dressing up (since I know one of my blog readers might care), I am going to wear this new black wrap dress that I got at the H&M in Chicago. Of course, all of this is after a ride on the West River Road and some skills work. Wow, if anyone could completely geekify mountain biking, it might be me.

Posted by woodw032 at April 8, 2005 1:40 PM