Congratulations Trent Kays!
Congrats to Trent Kays on a very productive summer! Recently, he:
* was awarded the 2011 Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi's Love of Learning Award for "superior academic record and life ambitions." He is one of only 80 in the United States to receive the award.
* had a proposal accepted for the 2012 Conference on College Composition and Communication in St Louis, MO, which is titled "Locating the Intersections of Expressivist Pedagogy and Digital Writing."
* had a proposal accepted for the 2011 International Convention of the Association for Business Communication in Montreal, Quebec, which is titled "Integrating Online Identity Analysis and Web Presence Creation into Business and Professional Writing Pedagogy."
* was hired as an opinion columnist for The Minnesota Daily.
* became a biweekly contributor for The Good Men Project, a magazine and site dedicated to exploring 21st century masculinity.
* became a founding monthly contributor for GradHacker, a site dedicated to graduate student issues (similar to ProfHacker).
* was selected as one of 12 Social Media Ambassadors for UMN President Kaler's Inauguration Week festivities.
* was selected to serve as a 2011-2012 HASTAC (Humanities, Arts, Science, and Technology Advanced Collaboratory) Scholar.