Job: Social Media/PR Intern
Do you breathe PR, Social Media and can't wait to hit a keyboard and start blogging? If so, we want YOU!
Four51, a Minneapolis based technology company, has an immediate opening for a PR/Social Media paid intern to support marketing and public relations efforts to increase user acquisition, retention and thought leadership. Our line of local/social/mobile commerce and eCommerce applications is seeing incredible growth and with growth comes opportunity.
As PR/Social media intern at Four51, you'll make a direct impact on our organization by contributing ideas that inform our strategy, content that builds our position and developing relationships that share our story. This is an exciting opportunity for an aggressive PR/Marketing/Journalism/Communications student or recent grad looking for real world experience in a fast pace, high growth environment.
Reports to the Director of Marketing
Paid hourly, 20 hours a week during regular business hours (8-5 M-F)
* Manage an editorial program and production calendar on a daily basis
* Update Four51 website and partner webpages and blogs
* Manage and engage a growing community across social media platforms
* Build relationships with bloggers and media, identifying pitch opportunities and making pitches on behalf of Four51
* Ensure all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience
* Speak up! Contribute ideas that inform strategy
* Press writing and media materials development
* Other duties assigned
Desired Skills & Experience
*The intern must be organized, and detail-oriented with outstanding writing and interpersonal skills.
*Experience with Content Management (CMS).
*Basic HTML/CSS is required.
*Knowledge of and high interest in social media, marketing, public relations and technology as well as the role technology plays in changing norms associated with how people connect to each other and brands.
*Experience with building communities on social platforms.
*Experience with developing relationships with bloggers and press and then delivering successful pitches to share Four51 point of view.
Bachelors and Graduate students in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, Journalism preferred.
For more than a decade, Four51 has developed technology that fuels business in all 50 states and in 40 countries around the world. Four51′s line of local/social/mobile commerce and eCommerce applications (SaaS) have been used by thousands of businesses including half the fortune 500.
Posted: December 27, 2011
Functions: Public Relations, Marketing, Writing/Editing
CLICK HERE to Apply