Job: Marketing Intern
Employer: Piper Jaffray
The marketing intern assists with day-to-day marketing activities, including production of online and offline marketing collateral in accordance with Piper Jaffray brand standards. S/he will work 2-3 days (15 hours or fewer) per week at the Piper Jaffray office in downtown Minneapolis.
S/he assists with production needs for advertising and print collateral (ads, brochures, fact sheets, mailers); conference and event materials (conference books, signage), and HTML e-mail blasts (newsletters, announcements, invitations). The position is also assists with updating and maintaining content on the Piper Jaffray Web sites and intranet.
The marketing intern works alongside the marketing production specialist, under the direction of the marketing manager. S/he may work with printers, publishers and compliance to ensure all deliverables meet necessary specifications before publication.
Additional tasks and projects as assigned.
* Produces print and online marketing collateral.
* Assists in producing conference books, signage and other event materials.
* Creates and deploys HTML e-mail blasts.
* Fulfills logo requests and supports adherence to corporate brand standards.
* Serves as backup proofreader for marketing documents.
* Pursuing a bachelor's degree in graphic design, marketing, communications or related field.
* Experience in HTML and CSS
* Experience in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Dreamweaver
* Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
* Highly attentive to detail
* Experience in print and online marketing production
* Experience with Flash, Microsoft Sharepoint, ExactTarget and/or analytics software
* Copywriting or editing experience