Job Title: Donor Relations Associate
Employer: Minnesota Medical Foundation, University of Minnesota
MMF Title: #179579 Donor Relations Associate
UM Class: 8442,Communications Associate
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Supervisor: Associate Director, Donor Relations
Updated: July 2012
The Donor Relations Associate implements donor-centered strategies and protocols for acknowledging, recognizing, and reporting to donors regarding the impact of their charitable gifts at the University of Minnesota. This position will focus on writing acknowledgment letters and writing/editing/coordinating various stewardship reports for some of the University's top level donors. The successful candidate for this position will possess strong writing and project management skills, be detail oriented and highly accurate.
- Write, proof, edit, mail highly customized thank-you letters from the Foundation's CEO and Vice President of Development to the University's top-level donors.
- Research donor records and gift history to ensure appropriate level of customization.
- Ensure letters are well researched, grammatically correct, and capture the right tone of gratitude.
- Coordinate with CEO, Vice President of Development, and other partners within MMF to secure signatures.
- Ensure thank-you letters are mailed in a timely manner.
Reporting - 50%
- Draft, proof and edit reports as requested. Communicate with University faculty, researchers and physicians; obtain academic and scientific information; and translate into lay-person's terms with a compelling message.
- Coordinate with the Associate Director of Donor Relations to produce and distribute MMF stewardship reports. Responsibilities include producing or requesting queries, data management and hygiene, project and timeline management, quality assurance, printing, collating and delivery of reports.
- Coordinate with the Associate Director of Donor Relations to produce and distribute Account Manager, annual endowment and other reports.
- Respond to and/or coordinate with development officers or other MMF staff to follow up with donors who request more information as a result of stewardship reports.
Essential (required) qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing or related field, or 4 years combined equivalent education and experience
- Demonstrated writing, proofing, editing experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Working knowledge of Raiser's Edge or similar customer relationship management database.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects, work independently and under pressure, meet deadlines, and produce accurate work of a consistently high quality.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and oral and written communication skills.
Selection criteria (preferred qualifications):
- Work experience in an academic, fundraising, marketing, health care, or other nonprofit.
- Experience or interest in health or medical related writing.
- Demonstrated donor-centered and/or customer service experience.
Applications will be accepted only through the University of Minnesota's online employment system: http://www1.umn.edu/ohr/employment/index.html. Please submit a cover letter and resume to this system for consideration. For more information about the Minnesota Medical Foundation, see our website: www.mmf.umn.edu.
The Minnesota Medical Foundation requires a background check for all of its positions.