Job Title: Marketing Communications Coordinator
Employer: The Daily
Marketing Communications Coordinators work with the Marketing Director and President to implement all marketing tasks of the Minnesota Daily. These positions are focused on one of three areas: social media, online marketing, or promotions and events.
* Organize and plan promotional, community outreach, and sponsorship events/activities.
* Responsible for assisting at all events and activities produced by the Marketing Department.
* Create communications regarding promotions for readers.
* Explore and utilize creative new ways to market the Minnesota Daily through social media and new marketing outlets.
* Oversee the Marketing Department's Twitter and Facebook accounts.
* Work on social media and web analytics tracking through use of tracking software.
* Work on projects for the Marketing Department's four primary target audiences; Professional/Business, Perspective Advertisers, Students/Readers, and High School Students.
* Work on any additional tasks assigned by the Marketing Director.
* Knowledge of marketing, advertising, or public relations.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Adobe Indesign, and Photoshop applications is preferred.
* Working knowledge of Wildfire, Hootsuite, and Google Analytics applications is preferred.
* Excellent verbal, visual, and written communication skills.
* Strong problem solving, organization, and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to multitask and take directions.
* Ability to work some weekends and nights at promotional events and/or activities.
* Must be a University of Minnesota Student, preferably studying communications or marketing.
* Ability to speak and hear English clearly.
* Ability to type and operate a computer.
* Ability to lift 25 pounds when working with promotional products.
* Ability to be exposed to safe outdoor weather conditions while attending department related events and/or activities.
* Ability to crouch, stoop, reach, or stretch when working at promotional events and/or activities.
Disclaimer: This job description is only intended to be a summary of the skills, qualifications, and essential functions required in the day-to-day work for this position. It is not exhaustive in nature. The Minnesota Daily reserves the right to change the job description at-will and to modify an employee's job role at any time to best benefit the organization.
See posting here: http://www.mndaily.com/jobs/559