Job Title: Student Media Assistant
Employer: Department of Family Medicine and Community Health - U of MN
Starting Rate: $10/hr
Required/Preferred Qualifications Required:
* Registered University of Minnesota student
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
* Ability to proof and edit content for accuracy, grammar, and adherence to style.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
* Attention to detail.
* Ability to prioritize tasks, multitask, and work independently.
* Highly organized.
* Previous experience with photography.
* Work Study Funds
* 1 Year of previous experience
* Previous office/clerical experience.
* Student of journalism, communications, marketing, or a related field.
* Experience with web-based software.
* Assist with event coordination/staffing.
* Help proof communications for accuracy, grammar, and adherence to style.
* Upload content to digital signage.
* Photography at events and workshops.
* Provide administrative support to communications team (e.g. mailings, filing, update distribution lists).
* Provide administrative support to Fisch Art of Medicine Student Awards faculty advisor (e.g., help coordinate annual application/selection process, plan/staff annual reception, administer Facebook page).
* Other duties as assigned.
The Department of Family Medicine and Community Health is one of the oldest and largest family medicine departments in the nation. We are dedicated to serving the health care needs of families and individuals in Minnesota and beyond. As part of the University of Minnesota, we share in its threefold mission of research, teaching, and service. For more information, see our website at http://www.fm.umn.edu/