Project Intern - Preserve Minneapolis
The Project: Migrate existing content from the Old Highland Neighborhood's walking tour into a mobile app template.
Timeframe: Estimated 30 hours/week for approximately 10 weeks beginning late April - early May.
Project Completion Date: June 30, 2013
-Knowledgeable and experienced in social media
-Creative, self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills
-Able to organize work and stay on task to complete it efficiently
-Able to work evenings and weekends
-Strong interpersonal skills required
-Background in historic preservation, interpretive writing for public tourism
-Familiar with content management systems and search engine optimization
-Prior experience working with grass root volunteer-based organizations
Primary Duties/Responsibilities of the intern:
• Rewrite a search-engine friendly narrative of 31 home tour sites incorporating content from Old Highland walking tour brochure, tour guide script and Placeography.org
• Identify additional content needs to improve quality and public interest of the walking tour
• Develop and implement publicity plan including launch event and press release, and associated promotional efforts utilizing social media
• Write Final Report for the grant
Working with the project advisory committee and technical advisory team:
• Outline content needs through wire-framing (mobile app)
• Conduct testing
• Complete content insertion on Preserve Minneapolis website
Further information about Preserve Minneapolis, the Old Highland neighborhood and Placeography.org can be obtained at:
For more information about the project or to submit your application, contact Angie Nelson, Project Director, at 612-522-3817 or email at email@example.com. Required documents include resume, cover letter, and references. Applications taken until filled.