Welcome back 2009
We had a great orientation day yesterday, including the Welcome party at the Alumni Center.
Between orientation and the party, a group of 15 of us were together and discussed establishing Parlor, groups, and other meetings for the new school year. A recap (and please add on, or let me know, if I've missed anything):
- Contact Donald Ross (email@example.com), the current DGS, if you'd like to be on one of the following committees:
- small advisory group to discuss such issues as the DGS budget, significant changes in the curriculum and degree rules that might be proposed, and ways to improve professional development.
- an environment committee to discuss how 201 Wesbrook is set up
- the technology committee, chaired by John Logie.
- a committee to create and plan Parlor events, and to encourage both students and faculty to support the series
- The first parlor is tentatively schedule for September 16th to discuss RSA submissions.
- We will be developing a wiki to have a current list of CFPs, conferences, reading and writing groups, etc.