Friday the 13th came early

Today is Friday the 13th, but it actually arrived for me at 6:45 PM on Thursday the 12th when I entered the car wash at the new Minneapolis Metro Petro. In this car wash you pull in, the garage door closes behind you, and then you enter a code to start the wash. Problem #1: my receipt did not print the code on the bottom. OK, I should have checked it when I got the receipt, but in 10 years of using automated car washes I've never had a receipt that did not have enough space for the car wash code! Problem #2: the door would not open when I tried to back out. Problem #3: the call for help button wasn't working. Problem #4: I entered $5 in dollar bills, but then the machine would not take the remaining $3 I was gonna use in quarters. Problem #5: after I was able to get out when someone else pulled up to use the wash, I went inside and got a new code, but this did not work (!). Luckily one of the workers came in to check on me, and was able to get a third code, which was accepted. Problem #6: I'm still out of $5 I entered in cash. Happy Friday the 13th!

Posted by wrjacobs at February 13, 2009 10:15 AM