the endless bridge

Yesterday I experienced the Guthrie Theater's Endless Bridge. Wow!

Posted by wrjacobs at 9:37 AM

signature cafe's brunch

Last Sunday morning I was surprised that the Signature Cafe was closed, as for the past couple of years we've occasionally gone to their bomb-ass Sunday brunch. I just went over to ask if they were out of town last week or something, and would brunch be back on tomorrow. I was told that they ended Sunday brunch after Father's Day last month, and might restart it in the fall. I sure hope so!

Posted by wrjacobs at 5:26 PM

parades

I love parades, but for the second year in a row I might not see any. Tonight is the Torchlight Parade at the Minneapolis Aquatennial, but storms are rolling through the area today, so it may get rained out....

Posted by wrjacobs at 10:57 AM

my car is in the movies!

Recently I saw Superman Returns. It was disappointing overall (all the magic must have been used up in the 1978 version), but Lois Lane drives the same car that I do! Other than a different interior color, everything else is the same. Cool.

Posted by wrjacobs at 9:35 AM

go-to card in September?

Last week V heard that Metro Transit's Go-To Card will finally be available to the general public in September. I hope so, but I won't hold my breath, as the full rollout is two years late.

Posted by wrjacobs at 7:58 AM

hello PSTL

Effective today, the University of Minnesota's General College is now the Department of Postsecondary Teaching and Learning. A new era begins....

Posted by wrjacobs at 9:49 AM