ultrasonic ringtones

Sony Pictures will market an upcoming movie using an ultrasonic ringtone, which, supposedly, people over 25 can't hear. I might have to download it to test out that theory....

Posted by wrjacobs at 9:44 AM

new pedestrian bridge

I just learned that next year a pedestrian bridge will be built to span a highway that cuts through the Midtown Greenway. (For even more info, click here). The bridge design is very cool; I can hardly wait to bike it!

Posted by wrjacobs at 9:39 AM

Happy to get a rejection

Earlier this year I finished a memoir, and I'm trying to get it published. Yesterday I got a rejection letter from a publisher, but it was one I was happy about (!). Why? (1) The letter was a photocopy of a typewritten original (who uses typewriters these days!?), and (2) it had several typos: two that were corrected before the copy was made, and two more made in fresh blue ink! Whoa, the letter was most definitely not from a quality press.

Posted by wrjacobs at 9:01 AM

TV on the web

Damn, I just found out that one of my TV shows got cancelled over the weekend, effective immediately. The remaining episodes of Daybreak, however, will be available for online viewing. I have never watched a show online, as I either catch it live or on DVD. I think I'll experiment and check it out....

Posted by wrjacobs at 10:50 AM

end of an era?

Today I was surprised to discover that the vending machine in Appleby Hall doesn't stock Fruitopia any more. Well, technically I should say "Minute Maid," as the name "Fruitopia" was officially dropped in the late 90s, but that's what I'll always call my drink of choice while teaching (the throat gets mighty dry in a 2 hour class!). I hope that it's still available in the supermarkets....

Posted by wrjacobs at 2:56 PM

Target karma

After a Target run last month I discovered that the clerk had not charged me for one of my items, a box of Kleenex or something. I thought about going back to report the omission (seriously!) but figured that things would even out in the long run. Sure enough, my receipt from yesterday revealed that I was charged twice for a pack of TP. The world is back in balance.

Posted by wrjacobs at 11:18 AM

the return of 24

One of my favorite TV shows --24 -- returns to the Fox network in January. YES!

Posted by wrjacobs at 4:39 PM