Home Tour day 2

174 people came through our house on the second day of the Minneapolis-St. Paul Home Tour. Total number of visitors: 379. Now it's time to pass out until the morning....

Posted by wrjacobs at 8:22 PM

Home Tour Day 1

205 people came through our house on the first day of the Minneapolis-St. Paul Home Tour. I went to bed this morning at 1:30 AM (after cleaning until 1:00 AM), then got up at 7:30 AM to prepare for the 10:00 AM opening. Now at 7:30 PM the adrenaline is gone.

Posted by wrjacobs at 7:31 PM

Minneapolis-St. Paul Home Tour

If in the Twin Cities tomorrow (April 26) or Sunday (April 27) check out the Minneapolis-St. Paul Home Tour!

Posted by wrjacobs at 8:59 PM

NBA playoffs

Today while scanning TV channels I stumbled upon Cleveland vs. Washington in the first game of the NBA playoffs, which I had no clue had started! I was also shocked to find that my hometown team (the Atlanta Hawks) had made the playoffs for the first time since 1999. I guess that's fitting, since somewhere in late '90s was the last time I really paid a lot of attention to men's pro basketball.

Posted by wrjacobs at 2:19 PM

music on Roswell DVDs

Recently I bought seasons 2 and 3 of Roswell, since they were 50% off at amazon.com. I did not buy them when first released because I was disappointed with the DVD of season 1, as some of the music was replaced due to prohibitive licensing costs (damn those frakking Capitalists!). The same problem bedevils seasons 2 and 3, though, as I discovered while watching "Heart of Mine" and "Graduation." Luckily, however, they did not mess with the Liz/Max theme song!

Posted by wrjacobs at 11:01 AM

new fall 2008 course

In the fall of 2008 I will be co-teaching a course for the first time: Digital Storytelling in and With Communities of Color. Should be fun!

Posted by wrjacobs at 2:13 PM

MSP Home Tour

In three weeks V and I will be on the Minneapolis-St. Paul Home Tour. We are also on Home Tour TV (segment 3). The Tour itself should be a piece of cake after doing all the photo/video shoots....

Posted by wrjacobs at 9:03 PM

street observation III

Sometimes I see the driver of a car pull up to a stop, get out, and the passenger replaces him behind the wheel and drives off. Until now the driver has always been male, but today in downtown Minneapolis a woman (a Sista) got out to go to work and was replaced by man, a Brotha. Go 'head on, y'all!

Posted by wrjacobs at 9:33 AM