another Christmas memory

In 1983 I saw A Christmas Story with my dad and brother. As a 15 year-old I reluctantly tagged along to a "kid's movie" (my brother was 11), but I remember loving it from the get go. Now I see at least parts of it every Christmas season, and watched the whole thing today.

Posted by wrjacobs at 4:36 PM

Christmas memories

Happy Holidays! Today I've been thinking about Christmas experiences. My most powerful memory, unfortunately, is of Christmas being cancelled when I was 13. I write about that in my memoir Ghostbox. A more positive memory: when I was 8 or 9 my mother said, "this is the first time you didn't get anything rideable for Christmas," but when we got to my grandmother's house later that day a skateboard awaited me. I wonder if Santa will bring me a Mercedes GLK today?!

Posted by wrjacobs at 8:55 AM

HP webcams racist?

Posted by wrjacobs at 9:30 AM

iPod music on the bus

On Sunday mornings I listed to Jazz 88 FM's Sunday Morning Jazz. Today, though, I had to go to the office, so I booted up the Public Radio Player on the bus ride in and dialed up the program. It worked! This was my first time listening to music on my iPhone while on the bus. My ride is so short (5-10 minutes) that I don't really need the distraction, but I might have to do this again the next time punk kids are making too much noise in the back....

Posted by wrjacobs at 11:23 AM