end of the line

When I started this blog in November of 2004 I only expected to post a few entries as a demo for a class project. To my surprise, I ended up posting 620 entries over 6 years, and rising into the 20s on the list of blogs with the most entries (I'm now down to #34). Since discovering facebook in 2007, however, my blog postings have decreased, and they really declined this year. So, I think I'm at the end of the line for "Planet Walt." It's been fun, but other social media are now more engaging. Thanks for reading; follow me on Twitter, or find me on facebook!

Posted by wrjacobs at 4:42 PM

first day of classes

As I've noted before, I usually love the first day of classes of the fall semester. Today, though, is not as exciting, as (a) it is cold and overcast, and (b) I'm not teaching this semester so I don't have my own class to look forward to. Next year will get back on track....

Posted by wrjacobs at 10:09 AM

stadium viewing party

The first game of the University of Minnesota's 2010 football season was an away game, but there was a viewing party at TCF Bank Stadium. I watched the first half of the game on TV, then went over to "The Bank" for the second half. It was a fun experience!

Posted by wrjacobs at 6:13 PM