project

I really started hammering out my project today. I went shopping at archivers for stickers and fun flashcard items. I also created the time sheet for volunteers and journal forms. I really feel like everything is comming along pretty smooth. It is a lot of work though. I didn't realize how time consuming everything has been. It'll be worth it in the end though.

Been a While

Wow I just realized how long it has been since my last blog. Ok so here's my update. I'm getting excited about my final project. I've been working with Laura and we decided that the voluntunteers don't have a great guidelines packet. So I will be creating one! To add to it I am gonna go to Archivers and go crazy on supplies to make flashcards for the students. It should be a good time! That's all for now.

more blah bloggin

Hey all! I thought I was due for another entry. Just to keep you updated on my sevice learning, I thought I'd tell you what I did this last week at Riverside. I taught an older man, Bedazo, beginners grammer. It was really difficult because there were many words he didn't really understand. He did like to laugh a lot which always makes for a fun experince. We'd both get really excited when he learned something. Usually I'd say "yeah!!" and he'd say" oh good teacher good teacher" which i thought was pretty funny since he was the one that was doing such a great job. We did a lot of the alphabet and constructed some sentences. In fact even after we spent an hour and a half drilling these ideas in his head, he didn't want the lesson to end. All in all, it was a good day.

I'm getting really excited for my trip to New York this March. I plan on picking out some stuff for my common place book and maybe taking some pics to share with the class. It should be fun!!

Well gotta run. See ya all in class!

My 1st Student

JUST THOUGHT I' DROP ANOTHER LINE. i HAD MY FIRST ONE ON ONE STUDENT LAST THURSDAY AND IT WAS AMAZING. HER NAME IS YOUNG AND SHE IS ABOUT 65 YEARS OLD. SHE IS A FAIRLY ADVANCED STUDENT BUT STILL NEEDED HELP WITH GRAMMER AND SENTENCE STRUCTURE. I HAD SO MUCH FUN WITH HER BECAUSE SHE WAS GENIUNLY WILLING TO LEARN. WHENEVER SHE HAD THAT "AH HA" MOMENT I JUST FELT THIS WARM FEELING INSIDE. THERE IS NO GREATER FEELING THAN FEELING LIKE YOU'VE MADE A DIFFERENCE IN SOMEONE'S LIFE! HOPE EVERYONE ELSE IS DOING WELL WITH THEIR SERVICE LEARNING JOBS! SEE YA ALL IN CLASS TOMORROW!

Final Project

For the final project I've been thinking about doing a photo diary of my work in the community this semester. I start with my student tomorrow, so I just need permission from him to take his picture when we meet. I am really interested in seeing the process I went through throughout my photos and wriiten comments.

If this idea doesn't work out, I am a theatre major so some kind of performance would be fun. I could take situations I've seen around the community and stage them in a one woman show. I'd then put it to video. This could be a fun process and would actually put me in the shoes of other people.