The Weekend Medley: Friends and Family

I felt this weekend was a combination of great times I had with friends and family. First off I had a great weekend with my roommates driving down to Chicago. I've never really experienced just being able to go somewhere far without having to ask my mom if I could go. It is a little weird that I don't have my mom here nagging me all the time while I am in college. We took a road trip to participate in a tournament for a card game called Cardfight!!Vanguard which is a trading card game similar to Yu-Gi-Oh! We took a 7 hour Drive to Milwaukee. Milwaukee was our rest stop for the night, we were all so tired out from the drive already and all the electronics were dead. That night we rented a hotel and just stayed up late practicing for the tournament the rest of the night.
IMG_0099.jpg
Our first stop in Wisconsin.

Tournament day we drive down to Illinois barely having enough for toll fees on the way there. We make in time to the hotel and we meet up with the other Minnesota guys playing in the tournament. We just wait and wait until we actually get in to register ourselves. Once that was done we got one game in for practice and finally after an hour of waiting the tournament officially started. Long story short my roommates and I lost at the third round. We all went one and three but two of the Minnesota guys made top eight and one of them actually took second at the whole tournament so he won a free trip to Los Angeles to play at North American Nationals. Pretty disappointed because being top two could have been any of us but the great thing about going was getting free stuff there.
So we had already decided that if none of us make it to at least top sixteen we would leave after we get our promotional cards and that is exactly what happened. We went straight home after we got done playing a picking up a friend in Milwaukee on the way home. Yet another 7 hour drive home. The drive did not seem too bad at all though because me and my roommates just talked about life all the way home.
IMG_0107.jpg
This is a picture that I took at the Cardfight!!Vanguard Chicago Regional.

IMG_0110.jpg
This picture is during the ride back to Minnesota. Very cold and rainy weather so the sun was nice to see.

We got home really late around 11:00pm. I ask my roommates to drop me off at home but sadly no one was at home when I hoped for at least one person to be there so I end up getting dropped off at my sister's house. I was at my sister's place for night and I got to see all my nephews. I really miss seeing them because they have grown a lot and I don't see them daily anymore like I used to. It was nice just to be around family that night and through the next morning. In the morning my sister cooked a home cooked meal which was really delicious, I had to get seconds.

That same day I went to my work place to go hang out with my buddies over there to tell them my experience at the Cardfight!!Vanguard Chicago Regionals. I showed off to them what I got over there bragging about my pro status just for fun. Despite telling them I lost I had a good time just playing cards with them and learning how to play the famous trading card game Magic. That night also one of my bosses actually treated us out to eat at a restaurant in the east side of Saint Paul.

This whole weekend was just a nice break from school and was a mix of spending time with friends and family.