9/30/11

9/24/11
Leadership is the ability to look for variety of people that can do specific tasks and engaging them to work in a cooperative and complementary fashion to deliver the wanted result towards a shared dream.

9/30/11
Leadership is the ability to look for people that can do various tasks and engaging them to work in a complementary fashion to deliver the wanted result towards a vision shaped by the leader.

The definition did not change too much from last week again, particularly because we didn't focus too much on the definitions on leadership. Instead we focused on leadership journey presentations of our community. However, through presentations, I gained more perspectives and insights on various definitions of leadership. And from one of our readings, I was inspired by a saying that goes, "people will follow the fellow that follows the dream." So I decided to put the importance on "vision" and "dream." Without the dream, a leader will not be able to have any followers. And without any followers, there cannot be a team to achieve that goal.

Reference: Leadership Journey Presentation