Greece - February 20th

On February 20th, myself and 5 other girls from America decided to go to GREECE for 3 days! It turned out to be quite the experience. Our flight was extremely early in the morning on Saturday the 20th and it took us about an hour to get to the airport. We made it to the airport on the tube and caught our flight. We flew through Easy Jet which is a very cheap airline. I figured out the reason it's so cheap is they advertise EVERYTHING on the flight! There were always announcements trying to sell us food, coffee, perfume, necklaces, etc. It was so funny!
When we landed we made it through the airport pretty easily and found our bus. That's where things went really, very, bad! As we were boarding the bus, a creepy man, stole Kristen's (girl traveling in our groups) wallet!!! It took us about 2 hours to find a security place, place a claim, and get her cards canceled. Luckily, not too much damage was done!
We finally got on the bus and went straight to our hotel, which happened to be on the BEACH! It was gorgeous! The water was the perfect blue and the beach was nice and clean with palm trees everywhere!
That night we got settled into our hotel and went to a nice dinner at the hotel restaurant. I had the most amazing cheese ravioli with hazelnut sauce. YUM! Everyone else had pasta as well, but Lauren and Robin's shrimp pasta came with the FULL BODY of the shrimp... legs and all. That was a surprise!
After dinner we walked down the beach and put our feet in the water and went to bed!

The next day, we went into the city of Athens! I loved this city! So much was going on, people were very friendly, and it was beautiful! We headed straight for the Parthenon and Acropolis. Once we got there, we started to walk up the mountain that these beautiful historic sights were! There was so much to see! Unfortunately, the higher we got, the windier it got. We were in dresses. Not a good idea. I had my camera in one hand snapping pictures, and my other hand holding down my dress! It was so funny! Only one girl in our group was smart enough to wear pants! We made it to the top and the Acropolis and Parthenon was probably one of the coolest things I have ever seen in my life. It was crazy to be there. We got to stand right next to it all! The view was also amazing. You could see all of Athens and the ocean! I was so happy I got to see all of this! I will NEVER forget it!
After some sight seeing, we went to lunch and got traditional Greek Salads! I loved Greek Salad! Later that night we went into a part of town that had all the bars and restaurants. The man at our hotels front desk suggested it to us! It was a bit of a walk through a sketchy area, but once we got there it was fun! We went to a place called Club Flow! We didn't stay too long, but it was cool to experience Greek nightlife.
The next morning, we took a ferry over to Aegina.  We bought our tickets at the port and had about 5 minutes to run catch our ferry! So, the 6 of us American girls ran for about half a mile, again in dresses, to catch it! We barely made it! We got to the small island and wondered around the shops and pier. It was the cutest place ever! We then were hungry so stopped at a local restaurant and ate outside next to the port. We made a lot of friends here! One woman LOVED us and helped us find Baklava (I think that's how you spell it). Baklava is a traditional Greek dessert that is more than amazing! We each got to try a piece!
It was sad to leave Greece. We had some amazing experiences there and learned a lot about traveling! The trip home was much more successful!
Someday I want to go back and visit the island of Santarini!

Lots of Love from London!!!

Jill

This page contains a single entry by zeli0030 published on March 26, 2010 9:08 AM.

February 16th! was the previous entry in this blog.

February 24th-March 13th in LONDON! is the next entry in this blog.