Selling to a Minor (Teenage Drinking)

http://www.newburyportnews.com/local/x2120606274/Store-charged-with-selling-alcohol-to-teen

This article is about a teenage female who purchases alcohol from a liquor store. I am interested in this article because I did a one-to-one with my uncle who is a liquor store owner. The 17 year old female purchased two six packs of Twisted Tea alcohol drinks. The two females began drinking the beverages in a parked car when an officer arrested them for underage drinking. The 17 year old said she purchased the alcohol from Bradford Liquors, and said she has been there before to purchase alcohol. The owner of the liquor store denies these allegation. The police need proof to see who is right and wrong and the owner claims the camera was not working that day due to flooding, and when they checked the camera they say there is no indication of water damage.The store could face consequences such as a suspended alcohol licence or sales hours curtailed.

Minors purchasing alcohol happens on a daily basis all over the world. When I was a teenager I heard of my friends doing it and never getting caught. I can put myself in both the underage teenager and the liquor store owners shoes. As i said my uncles owns a liquor store and a tragedy like this has never happened. I have been to the store during hours and I always see the employees card younger looking individuals. There is a truth to this story it just depends who wants to say it.

My question to the teenager is; was this all worth it?