Blog Post Week 9

I am having a hard time grasping why it is taking so much time and effort for women to be treated fairly. I personally believe we are all different and those differences should be respected as there are certain situations where levels of fairness are uneven. For example, in the documentary we watched in class, women share somewhere around 6% of the total broadcasting ownership AND they get paid 77 cents to every dollar a man makes. Why? How did that happen and why is it still in existence? That is not fair, even though the amount of work that may be required in a job is equal amongst men and women.
I have witnessed too many women talk about being treated fairly, then become upset when a man doesn't open the door for them, or pay for a meal, for example. If you wanted to be treated equally, then shouldn't you open doors for men and pay for the meals too? You can't have the best of both worlds.

I totally agree with your post. Watching the movie on Wednesday made me sick and in disgust with all of the sexist comments those "male" politicians made. I find it interesting how these men can degrade women in such a humiliating way but do they ever think that by objectifying women, they are also objectifying their mothers, sisters, daughters, cousins, friend and etc? I don't get it.