Gill, "Postfeminist Media Culture" & Brasfield, "Rereading Sex and the City"

Please post your discussion questions to Rosalind Gill's "Postfeminist Media Culture" and Rebecca Brasfield's "Rereading Sex and the City" here and using the following questions as a guide:
1. What, according to Rosalind Gill, are the characteristics of postfeminism?
2. What are some media examples in which you see these themes operating?
3. What, in your view, are the consequences of the way these themes appear in media today? Do you feel that you experience their consequences? How so?
4. What does Brasfield mean by "hegemonic feminist narratives"?
5. What are some examples of such narratives at work in Sex and the City?
6. What are some other examples of media in which you see these narratives operating?
7. What, in your opinion, are the consequences of the operation of these narratives in media today? Do you feel that you experience their consequences? How so?

Going back to the male gaze, we talked about the idea of potentially a female gaze...and I think Sex and the City tries to play potentially on the idea of the female gaze in the issues of love, sex, and relationships. Do you think Sex and the City uses a "female-gaze"? if not, then how would a female-gaze affect postfeminism?

Rosalind Gill states that the male gaze is a self policing, narcissistic gaze and this could be argued that this is a deeper form of exploitation than objectification. I guess i don't understand what his means. She says that the male gaze is internalized to form a new disciplinary regime, but I'm unsure how to translate this. Thanks! Pg. 142.

I see the shift from sex object to desiring sex object as a very pronounced form of postfeminism in the media and beyond. I question whether sexualized constructs in fashion and social behavior can be reflections of power, and whether that power is solely justified by the male gaze?