Please post your discussion questions about the three readings for Monday below. As you read, the following questions should guide your note-taking:
1) Why, for Ehrenreich, do representations matter? Can you think of examples that demonstrate the way class--and especially working class--operates in media?
2) Why does Ehrenreich take issue with the term "tacky"? Can you think of examples of media that are relevant?
3) How does Chyng Feng Sun contextualize the hyper-sexualization of Asian women in dominant US culture and media?
4) Why does this context matter? (What examples does the author offer?)
5) Raymond argues that contemporary representations of LGBTQ identities in popular media involve a reinscription of heterosexuality and containment of queer sexuality. What does she mean?
6) What does Raymond mean by heternormativity? How/where do you see heteronormativity operating in media and everyday life?