Is Google (the Internet) Making Us Stupid?

After I read Carr's article about how the Internet is affecting us in many ways, especially when it comes to reading long book, I strongly agreed with some of the points he addressed in here. From my own experiences, I also have trouble concentrating on reading the books, just like the examples in this article. I usually scan through the books, and not reading it unless I am forced to do so. In order to make up for lack of my ability to read for a long time, I tend to depend on the Internet to get more information. The Internet has become one of the reliable sources to study.
I think that we are getting more opportunities to reach many sources from Google and the Internet rather than just getting educated from one long book. We may have lost the ability to focus on reading such a long book as Carr points out. Instead, we gained the ability to find another way to get information, such as to search online, that way we are able to save more time to read another article to help us understand the material better.
I personally think that being less capable of concentrating on reading something does not necessarily mean that we became stupid.
As the use of internet culture is changing constantly, I think that it is acceptable to behave differently than how we used to behave. As a media consumer, I cannot say that the Internet is affecting us in a bad way. The internet just gives us more choices. Therefore, I believe that the internet is not the reason why we are losing our abilities to focus and read. We are still given choices, either utilizing the internet or not using the Internet to train our ability to concentrate reading the actual books.

I do agree with your idea and some of the points that Carr said in the article. But I have one comment about one thing, is that surfing on the Internet to get what we need also require concentration. We are easily get distracted from what we want to do when we surf on line, and watching a funny Youtube video seems so easy to get our attention away from what we need to do. So I feel we still need the ability to focus on what we must to do, even Internet provides a new option for gathering information quickly.

I like your idea, and agree with it. As your post says, we do not have specific reasons that prove our ability of reading is weakened by the internet. There are so much exterior and exterior factors that we can estimate. But one thing I want to consider is e-books. I believe these products keep us to read long articles, and retain our ability to read longer literature.

I agree with you and some part of Carr's argument from her article..
I think its depend on each person, not because of advent of internet, i think. From my experience, sometimes I prefer to read paperback textbook rather than surfing the Internet. But sometimes I gather some previews or get some sources from the Internet before I read my long textbook like you. The internet could help our way of reading in positive way..
I think its depend on each person's ability of concentration and reading skills.

I am totally agree with your comment “I believe that the Internet is not the reason why we are losing our abilities to focus and read” even though I posted not like your opinion, and I thought we can overcome this happening people don’t like to reading actual book while I read your comment. Internet is just one of the source we can use, but the problem is that people try to use internet much more than other sources such as book, article, and scholar journal. It means Internet is not problem but the tendency of people is the point changing action.