Please post your discussion questions on Richard Butsch's "Ralph, Fred, Archie, and Homer" below. Please use the following questions to guide your note-taking as you read:
1) How do class and gender intersect in this essay?
2) What does Butsch mean by ideological hegemony?
3) How does the political economy of media participate in the re-creation of "the white male working-class buffoon," according to Butsch?
4) Why does this matter?
5) What is the role of advertisers in this process?
6) What do you think of this? Do you see other instances of this or similar phenomena?