Please post your discussion questions to Rosalind Gill's "Postfeminist Media Culture" and Rebecca Brasfield's "Rereading Sex and the City" here and using the following questions as a guide:
1. What, according to Rosalind Gill, are the characteristics of postfeminism?
2. What are some media examples in which you see these themes operating?
3. What, in your view, are the consequences of the way these themes appear in media today? Do you feel that you experience their consequences? How so?
4. What does Brasfield mean by "hegemonic feminist narratives"?
5. What are some examples of such narratives at work in Sex and the City?
6. What are some other examples of media in which you see these narratives operating?
7. What, in your opinion, are the consequences of the operation of these narratives in media today? Do you feel that you experience their consequences? How so?