ROSEANNE

After reading the article "Roseanne and the changing face of working-class iconography" and watching the full episode of Roseanne", I personally thought that the show kind of reinforce the stereotypical middle-class norm. I am an international student and I do not have experience or any ideas of how white middle class family is like in real life. Therefore, these shows have a huge influence on me to have an idea or create the middle-class norm. The episode we saw in the class showed that how the family struggled with money and how they deal with money. By viewing that one particular episode made me think that this is how the real white-middle class family is like. I am not able to compare the reality and the stereotype that media perpetuate and find the differences. However, TV shows surely helps me to create my own stereotype of white family in the US.