Blog Post 11/8

This weeks discussions have been very interesting. The theme of television with queer characters is a popular theme that we are seeing more and more of. I think we are seeing a huge progression in television and the roles of gay characters. In the 80's and 90's, even early millennium. Originally when we would see a character in television that was gay, it would be fairly stereotypical or kind of privatized. Now where we are at, is we see characters who are gay that are totally looked at as normal. I think a great example of this is Modern Family or Glee. Both shows incorporate gay characters into our ever day lives, which I believe is exactly how it should be. This discussion is very interesting to see our medias progress.

This weeks discussions have been very interesting. The theme of television with your statement. I agree in part with your thinking. The theme of television with queer characters was a popular theme that we are seeing more and more of. Queer video was showed to people and many people see the characters as normal then this happen change to society.

However when I watched the queer character in media, I was not comfortable, and confused how to accept this concept. Media have huge influence. Media can change audiences mind. Media is able to change audiences even they didn’t consider it as not important issues. In some way, this role can be accepted, but it should discuss whether the changing social attitude by media is good or not.