« I loved you when I first saw you.... | Main | I loved you when I first saw you.... »

Little Miss Sunshine

Overall I was quite disappointed like many others with Leaving the Normal. Being that our papers were based around this particular concept in terms of being disconnected with the road I was felt that more of a message could have been conveyed to the audience through the title.

After reflecting on the course of the semester I must say that my favorite road film including one of my favorite movies of all time still would have to be Little Miss Sunshine. The internal struggles that are occurring simultaneously and continuously colliding is constantly keeps me thinking in terms of connecting the characters to the concept of "leaving the normal." The end of the film brings about such a rewarding feeling showing that it is impossible to completely leave normality behind and emphasizing the strength and bond of family that is can be created despite differences and constant struggle. Through struggle we are capable of reaching stability in our lives.