« What did I do to you? | Main | To Darryl From Thelma »

Straight Story

straight story.jpg

I've missed you.

Dear Lyle

It has been a long time since we've seen each other or even talked to one another. After hearing that you were ill, I didn't know whether you would be alive the next time I wanted to see you. I decided to put the past behind me and swallow my pride to come visit you. Its been foolish all these years that we've wasted not spending time with one another, not seeing our children and grandchildren grow up together. Many times over the years I've wanted to spend time with you like we did when we were young. Unfortunately, we are both two stubborn old men who like to think we are always right. I've been traveling for a few days now and I've met some interesting folks along the way. I've realized by talking with them just how much you mean to me and how much I've missed you. I've learned a lot about myself and also realized how foolish I have been to avoid you all these years. I hope that you can accept me coming to visit so we can become brothers again like in the old days. We don't have much time left together due to our age so I want to make the most of the time we do have. We have a lot of catching up to do. I hope that we can be the brothers we used to be. I'll see you in a few days.

Your one and only brother
Alvin