View Zhirong Zhao's profile on LinkedIn

Blogroll

My pages

Visitors

Powered by

Header image of Hong Kong financial center courtesy of hleung on flickr.

Taxing the tall

One of the 70 ideas covered by The New York Times Magazine "Year In Ideas" is Mankiw & Weinzierl’s intentionally quirky proposal of taxing tall people, based on the empirical distribution of height and wages.

The topic has attracted lots of attention from some famous bloggers, including tall political scientist David Park, tall economist Robin Hansen, and not-so-tall political scientists/statistician Andrew Gelman.

All share the same opinion that the tax is “wacky," but Andrew’s argument is most interesting to me. In the first place, he points out that height isn't actually correlated very much with income -- together, height and sex predict earnings with an R-squared of only 9%. More importantly, however, it is the big “Huh" that he makes towards Mankiw and Weinzierl’s argument that height should not be taxed as it is a ‘justly acquired endowment.’

“... who ever said that you can only tax something that was ‘unjustly wrestled from someone else’" Even if we can imagine a society with on unjust wrestling at all, the tax money needs to come from somewhere, he argues.

The concluding remarks: “Maybe this is a difference between how economists and political scientists view the world. Mankiw and Weinzierl seem to view taxes as a way to punish people, whereas I see taxes as a way to raise money"

I like to visit this blog because of the interesting topics that I discover here

Just incase there be another interesting post [like this] you will put up next time, I’ll be waitin for it.

I was wondering if you ever considered changing the layout of your blog? Its very well written; I love what youve got to say. But maybe you could a little more in the way of content so people could connect with it better. Youve got an awful lot of text for only having one or two images. Maybe you could space it out better?

I've had irritating instructors on both sides of the political spectrum. Bad Conservatives do just as bad a job as piss-poor Liberals.

I loath when parents don't control their childre in clear places.

That stimulus fund should have been put in the hands of the American hoi polloi! Some people would put it in the bank which helps the banking sector and a lot of people would spend it injecting money directly into the private sector going on a spending spree while encouraging the money to be spent on American made products!

Hey! I could have sworn I've been to this website in advance of but immediately after looking at as a result of some of the publish I recognized it's new to me. Nevertheless, I'm definitely delighted I observed it and I'll be bookmarking and checking back routinely!

I honestly believe there is a skill to writing articles that only a few posses and frankly it is.

Many of these comments dont seem sensible? Give the guy a break and stop posting crap

Because of super elasticity and durability on that high-end material, these ugg bailey button boots will never get broken or crumpled soon after being folded times.

Due to their popularity, knock-off Uggs on sale abound. Don't be fooled into buying a counterfeit boot.

While transforming your appearance with ugg boots kids, you also bring wonderful health benefits for your feet.

canvas handbags cheap lv shoes They may be offered inside of the sort of Louis Vuitton glenohumeral joint hand bags

"For example

A blind person who sees is better than a seeing person who is blind. - Iranian

When the music changes, so does the dance. - Hausa tribe of West Africa

Panic or anxiety attack gates a obvious bias. The rigorous materials figures whichever fuss. The inner camp out phases the awareness. An electricity traces the throughput.

Many thanks! I truly believe that a couple of my buddies will enjoy this post.. now where is that e-mail to your buddies button again?

Really good submit i have to use these tips in my practise. Regarding How To Create a Contact Form using HTML5 CSS3 and PHP i really impressed.

Several occupants state which becoming who owns chanel bags is a stunning imagine each and every woman within the hundreds of years.

Your breaking my tuscalusa heart

ya...that is a lie..i do not be believe it will come about..!!!

Thank you so much for writing this wonderful post! It actually gaive succeeing my goal..

Awesome tip! generally wished to do this! Jus got rid over over 6GB of old backups!

Not "Grumpy_Old-Man", or "...cowshit", just plain ol' Nazis.

Excellent template and customizable ... well more of controlled choice genuinely. I keep getting an IO error once i embed it on my Joomla web-site. Still I appreciate the effort.

Very inspiring list of business cards.
I agree with Jake that sometimes it's better to possess a bit more conservative card (as a backup).

Thanks for your article. I also feel that laptop computers are getting to be more and more popular currently, and now tend to be the only sort of computer included in a household. This is due to the fact that at the same time actually becoming more and more inexpensive, their computing power keeps growing to the point where there're as highly effective as desktop coming from just a few years back.

Hi there
Fabulous layouts above. Appreciate them.
One question you may be able to assist: why do your layouts work in IE6 and mine do not? For IE I have to place a no-wrap otherwise the subject material will appear down the left side on the container only. I have tested the lists in IE but still having probs. Cheers

Sorry but when i try to visit the "Facebook Webpage Themes" URL my antivirus blocked the URL saying that a malicious URL is been blocked.

Honestly, I'm not active in any from the three. If I were to choose any for my source of knowledge, I'd opt for Wiki and it's packed with unbiased information; pretty much every thing and anything under the sky.

grocery list in accordance with the aisles in the stores. Organize your own list in c ,ategories including dairy, meat, produce, snacks, etc. Simply look down the list from here. You could find yourself

Excellent blog post. I certainly appreciate this site. Keep it up!

Thanks for sharing a great post It really is not that typically I find such a good short article on these types of internet sites But I've to say you genuinely did it. Thanks for sharing.

HCG Injections buy now HCG Injections HCG Diet, HCG Injections HCG HCG HCG Injections

Costa Concordia
Captain Francesco Schettino

Please take the time to review these guidelines. personal loans Underwriting Ask your lender with a medical expense or something similar. A lien upon your signing the membership contract.

Great collection of business cards. Amazing list. I like 3rd business card from the top. Excellent concept of all these cards, seriously clever thoughts even though creating this cards. Great list.

Autumn is the bite of the harvest apple.

I'm really impressed with your writing skills and also with the layout on your blog. Is this a paid theme or did you modify it yourself? Anyway keep up the nice quality writing, it is rare to see a great blog like this one these days..

I do agree with all the ideas you have presented in your post. They are really convincing and will certainly work. Still, the posts are very short for novices. Could you please extend them a little from next time? Thanks for the post.

It's truly a great and useful piece of info. I'm glad that you simply shared this helpful information with us. Please stay us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing.

I’m thrilled that I noticed this blog. Finally a decent blog, which we can come back to regularly. Thank you for sharing this with us.

Its hard to find informative and accurate info but here I found

Yay google is my world beater helped me to find this great web site ! . "Don't rule out working with your hands. It does not preclude using your head." by Andy Rooney.

that has Delightful food items. We shared a Southport Cuban (a sandwich, that is definitely, not a cigar) and a red velvet cupcake with goat cheese icing....occur on now...it is just like cream cheese only a bit tangier. It had been a fabulous lunch over a

Human Rights Commission's just take on it[Read]I talk ad nauseumer, in depth, with Selwyn Manning[Triangle]. [More Superior

I agree completely with what you wrote. Good stuff. Keep it going..

well my friend made a blog and he won't show me what his blog is until he finishes everything with it. So i was wondering if there was a way to find someones blogger with their email address. If anyone could show me how. thatd be great thanks!.

Hello.This article was really remarkable, especially because I was looking for thoughts on this topic last Friday.

KHAWAARIJTA ALSHABAAB ALQAACIDA waa jabeen ee jabiya, duliga masiibo ha ku dhacdo.br /KHWAARIJTA ALSHABAAB waxey baneysteen dhiiga umada somali , ma lagu tilmaami karaa mujaahid, muslin,br /jawaabta waa maya, KHWAARIJTA ALSHABAAB kuwa taageersan inta badan waxey ka dhasheen KHABIILADA SOMALIYA UGU LIITO

I saw a lot of website but I think this one holds something special in it. "There is an applause superior to that of the multitudes one's own." by Elizabeth Elton Smith.

These are all very important facts to know these days. So many people think it will never matter to them! Thanks for info! =)

You have brought up a very great points, thanks for the post.

Hello, i really enjoy reading your blog. I like the way its written, and totally dig the concept. Is there any way to subscribe to your site?

Fantastic writing you got there, looks like you either knows a lot concerning the subject or have been studying it a whole lot. Thanks.

Awsome info and straight to the point. I don't know if this is truly the best place to ask but do you folks have any thoughts on where to hire some professional writers? Thx :)

Good luck to all that entered.. I spent way too much on postage stamps, praying and kissing each envelope for good luck. I hope they come a knockin

very good put up, i actually love this website, carry on it

Amazingly helpful site that you have on this site, thanks a lot

Such a nice post this really is and I'm pleased that I got the chance to read it. i'll come back for more reading thanks a lot.

Griffin's Epic Funky Flower Pencils

For this is Wisdom to love, to live To take what fate, or the Gods may give. To ask no question, to make no prayer, To kiss the

how few people are contributing to this blog?

Thanks for this terrific post, I am glad I discovered this web site on yahoo.

Kkkkkkkkkkkk NINKA WEBKA BENTA KUQORAY LAMAYABANI WAXAN LAYABAHAY MIDKA DHAHAYO QABIIL HIBIL AYA ISKA LEH KISMAYO KAN BENTA QORAYO IYO KAN XISAYNAYO QABYALADA ILLAHAY HAIDIN KAQABTO DALKA IDINKA NAQASAYO BAXA NAARTA GALA

Thanks for letting it all out .:) uncovering locals is hard. Listing with us helps you be seen online.

That is what the car hobby is all about the persons. Fantastic tale, I hope you do a further with photographs soon after the reunion. I am seeking forward to it!

Can you please forward me the code for this script or please inform me in detail about this script?

allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of one's encounter, lips, tongue, or throat. Buy Zolpidem on-line.

It sounds like you are creating issues oneself by looking to remedy this situation instead of looking at why their is often a problem to begin with

What do you guys feel with the new OSX Lion that just came out for Mac?

Thanks a lot for this type of details I had been exploring all Yahoo to discover it!

thanks to the author for taking his clock time on this one.

Need a service that is made for small busines to display in google at economic prices, that is not located in india:) sure you do.

Versicherung Zahnersatz schnell vergleichen.

This web site certainly has all of the information I needed about this subject and didn’t know who to ask.

I enjoy the efforts you have put in this, regards for all the great articles.

I really like blogging and i can say which you also adore blogging.-`.`

What is a good free blogging website that I can respond to blogs and others will respond to me?

I want to for into the Fashion Design business. But I literally have NO idea where to start.

It seems like you are making problems your self by attempting to clear up this concern as an alternative of looking at why their is a issue in the first place

Fit the Windows installation disk in your DVD Drive

Tremendously fantastic post you really have over here. many thanks

I always was concerned in this subject and still am, appreciate it for putting up.

Hubert H. Humphrey Institute of Public Affairs