View Zhirong Zhao's profile on LinkedIn

Blogroll

My pages

Visitors

Powered by

Header image of Hong Kong financial center courtesy of hleung on flickr.

A lecture outline for nonprofit financial management

This is a tentative outline for my PA 5920 Skill Workshop: Financial Management of Nonprofit Organizations. You can click on the links to get additional references for related topics. Comments and questions are welcome!

1. What are nonprofit organizations?
        ❑ What is in a name?
        ❑ Basics of nonprofit management
                • Formation, structure, and tax exempt status
                • National taxonomy of exempt entities (details)
        ❑ Key fiscal issues for nonprofits
                • Nonprofit accountability
                • Nonprofit and government
                • Nonprofit fiscal stress

2. Nonprofit finance and budgeting
        ❑ Revenue sources
                • Service fees: from individuals or organizations
                • Fund-raising: sources and issues
                • Other revenues (investment, membership due, etc)
        ❑ Functional expenses
                • Program expenses
                • Administrative expenses
                • Fund-raising expenses
        ❑ Borrowing
                • Types of nonprofit borrowing
        ❑ Nonprofit budgeting
                • Budgeting process
                • Budgeting techniques

4. Nonprofit financial reports
        ❑ Requirements of financial reporting
                • IRS990: where to get it? how to read it?
                • Requirements at the state level
                • Some special issues (Urban Institute)
        ❑ Nonprofit financial accounting
                • Statement of activities
                • Statement of financial position
                • Statement of cash flows
        ❑ Nonprofit financial conditions
                • Financial condition analysis
                • Assessing financial vulnerability of nonprofits
                • Pros and cons of nonprofit financial comparison

*: Click here to download the PowerPoint file of the lecture in PDF (updated 01/17/2009).

Awesome site...

We hid3gold.com is a professional company that provides a variety of services to Diablo 3 players,such as diablo 3 Gold.

Solid post. I had not consider the linkage rule. I had been linking back again and forth with out giving a believed. Many thanks for that information.

Many thanks Gregory for commenting. It truly is a revolution in marketing so I think you must give people's brains some slack as we all stretch our marketing grey matter in new directions. After guest posting on some places this is now the main place where we're concentrating. We want to create a community of sorts of folks interested in the measuring the mash-up of branding and online. You can observe me/us on the social profiles right towards the ideal including Facebook and the other usual suspects.

Darn! I have to show up at a gathering at my son's university proper when that is definitely occurring.

Regardless of how I'd want to examine it, I am still not planning to play the high-school girl Facebook "like" game.

Idk why but i dont think pinterest would be a game changer, facebook just reached 900 million and would eat every social network which comes up.

The 2011 Frazier Canteen dinner & dance is SOLD OUT! If you'd like to be added to our mailing list next year, call (502) 753-5663.

Hi there thanks for this info most helpful
just just one question. when i place an image inside a div that is floated left. My ordered list which flows for the appropriate of it wont move over enough and the numbers appear inside the div. After i style the list with a big enough left margin to fix it, the list retains the big left margin below the image and it seems to be ugly. Any advice?

vocabulary connected to Internet technologies. In our previous episode, we looked at the basic tools and concepts behind Web 2.0. In this lesson, we'll focus on the programming of web-sites and web-based applications. Premium

My Journey on Squidoo. What a ride it's been. Talks about how I strtaed on Squidoo and many of the excellent lensmasters on this site that helped me throughout the way.

Hudson did construct a person Step-down pickup, late in 1948 as being a 1949 model (it provides a '49 VIN). It is really mentioned, although not pictured, in Don Butler's Crestline book _The Background of Hudson_. Around the several years it has been owned by a succession of Hudson Essex Terraplane Club members. You can find several other repros all over, built by a range of enthusiasts.

I might love to drive this to the "Garden State Parkway" during the "rush hour" commute, Just The moment!!!!

Real clean web site, appreciate it for this post.

Thanks, I just scanning services the details for a long time as well as you own the very best I use come upon until eventually currently! Maintain placing upward!

What we are no in for a hearing to appeal to the fact that investing in real estate investors are one of the Study Guide. And yes, you can conduct interviews with men and women as they goes through the house. For instance, if faulty workmanship resulted in the long term loan.

Hello, I read your blog regularly. Your writing style is awesome, keep doing what you're doing!

I truly appreciate this post. I have been looking everywhere for this! Thank goodness I found it on Bing. You have made my day! Thanks again!

Now are not these only a extravagant deal with? We will try this version at our next backyard soiree!!

I do not understand how to thanks, worked a lot for me:)

Acid reflux disease, otherwise known as gastro-esophageal reflux disease, or GERD, comes about consequence of the coexistence of two problems. The first acid reflux disease contributing condition is a retrograde flow of stomach contents into the esophagus. In spite of this, the reflux itself does not normally contribute to gastro-esophageal reflux disease warning signs or histologic changes, and can occur among healthy individuals as well. In cases like this, the process is referred to as "physiologic gastroesophageal reflux".

It was specially registered at a forum to tell to you thanks for the information, can, I too can help you something?

Netter Place of duty und schoene Site.

Hi there, after reading this remarkable post i am too cheerful to share my knowledge here with friends.

It’s actually very difficult in this busy life to listen news on Television, thus I only use internet for that purpose, and get the most up-to-date news.

Searching forward to reading through much more. Excellent post.Thanks Once more. Will study on...

Hubert H. Humphrey Institute of Public Affairs