View Zhirong Zhao's profile on LinkedIn

Blogroll

My pages

Visitors

Powered by

Header image of Hong Kong financial center courtesy of hleung on flickr.

Unfunded mandates further burden local governments

Local governments are often facing with unfunded mandates from federal and state governments that require them to carry out specific actions but does not appropriate any funds for that purpose. Often caught off guard, local governments that encounter these mandates have to struggle to bridge the budget shortfall, which may extend for several fiscal years before the budget is fully adjusted.

The Chicago Tribune (1/10) reported that Iowa town's "efforts to comply with the federal Clean Water Act could mean big increases in the cost of sewage treatment for many small towns." Iowa "officials estimate that more than 330 wastewater treatment facilities will be required to meet the stricter discharge standards, at a cost ranging from $790 million to $956 million," while, according to Mike Wade, a state environmental specialist, "Most cities and towns don't have funds set aside to replace or upgrade their systems." The solution is to raise service fees: in Elkader sewer bills "are climbing $2 per month during each month this year;" in Manchester, monthly sewer rates went up by $10 last year and will go up another $10 this year.

Likewise, Florida's Boca Raton News (1/14, King) reported on the common dilemma for cities accommodate mandates from the state without any extra money to pay for them. In Boca Raton, the "Utility Services Department (water, wastewater, recycled water) pays nearly $11 million for water treatment, quality control, reclaimed water and other costs required by the state" without corresponding funding. A "records retention requirement" costs $430,200 of local taxpayers' dollars. And, "publishing bilingual-election information...runs her $12,000." The list goes on, eventually reaching the multi-million-dollar figure.

Thanks for the submit I had no idea analytics could track blog comments so well. I'll must try this on my sites.

=== popurls.com === popular today...

activar este truco hay que entrar en la Terminal y poner este

Many thanks for reminding the service. Folks talk about getting lots of followers and following few ones only to improve the value of twitter profile. I guess it will be fantastic for those who wish to earn from twitter.

Very well written article. It will be helpful to everyone who employess it, as well as me. Keep up the good work - looking forward to more posts.

how to recover password please help me to get the new password

Delete iCloud backups in settings

Pinterest name is Jodi Keller

Hello.This article was extremely fascinating, especially because I was investigating for thoughts on this subject last week.

Woah! I'm really loving the template/theme of this website. It's simple, yet effective. A lot of times it's very hard to get that "perfect balance" between usability and appearance. I must say that you've done a awesome job with this. In addition, the blog loads super fast for me on Opera. Superb Blog!

Hi there just wanted to give you a quick heads up. The text in your post seem to be running off the screen in Internet explorer. I'm not sure if this is a formatting issue or something to do with browser compatibility but I thought I'd post to let you know. The design and style look great though! Hope you get the problem solved soon. Thanks

Have you ever thought about adding a little bit more than just your articles? I mean, what you say is valuable and all. But think about if you added some great visuals or video clips to give your posts more, "pop"! Your content is excellent but with pics and video clips, this blog could certainly be one of the best in its field. Terrific blog!

Awesome Page , guys! Rewarding Articles aswell. Bookmarked

Great – I should definitely pronounce, impressed with your web site. I had no trouble navigating through all tabs as well as related information ended up being truly easy to do to access. I recently found what I hoped for before you know it at all. Reasonably unusual. Is likely to appreciate it for those who add forums or anything, website theme . a tones way for your client to communicate. Excellent task.

Many thanks for writing. First, make sure you might be getting the code for your type of website and software you're running. To make sure you get the many code. put your cursor in the box and hit ctrl+A (on a PC), that will select all of the code, then you definitely can do your ctrl+C to copy after which take it to your website and paste it in (ctrl+V). Also make sure you might be putting it in the right kind of world wide web 'container' specified by Facebook. Very good luck!

i think you should check your code just one more time

Thanks! Just yesterday I had been hunting devoid of result on how to do this.

I started out with Squidoo a few of ages ago, but by no means did much. But I am trying it once again...if nothing else it's a terrific source of backlinks. And i am seeing the odd bit of traffic.

There's an Actions panel in Photoshop, next for the brushes and color palettes area, that you can use to load these in. Or you can drag and drop into Photoshop.

Hello, you used to write fantastic, but the last few posts have been kinda boring… I miss your super writings. Past few posts are just a bit out of track! come on!

I like this web site so much, saved to favorites. "To hold a pen is to be at war." by Francois Marie Arouet Voltaire.

rick and scot are the top! roy is going to be joyful he chose them- very good luck to all!

These are my wedding colours (minus the yellow). I really like how large and varied the bouquet is. What's the identify on the much larger flower inside the front from the arrangement?

You have a great blog over here. I just wanna say thanks for all the interesting info on it. I'll follow your website if you keep up the good work!

Amazing pages Shirl.br /Love your vintage style quite significantly.

almost. The selling price was $445,500, a hair below the prediction range. Hemmings reports this price did not put the Corvette among the very best ten winning bids at this

Hubert H. Humphrey Institute of Public Affairs