View Zhirong Zhao's profile on LinkedIn

Blogroll

My pages

Visitors

Powered by

Header image of Hong Kong financial center courtesy of hleung on flickr.

Value capture: A benefit receipt tax?

Among the ideas proposed by Citizens League on transportation policy (in 2005 and 2008) is a "benefit receipt tax," which will be collected at the point of sale of land that benefits from a transportation improvement.

Bob DeBoer in Citizens League shares an example of a land sale based on a highway improvement where the assessed value was in the $500,000 range and the land sold for over $3 million. In such a case a benefit receipt tax "based on a percentage of the amount above the assessed value" may be an effective way of "value capture" to partially recover "the level of benefit that should help pay for the transportation improvement." 

This sounds a great idea. But the first concern I have is about the timing of sale. Over time the assessed value would catch up with the market value and make the value gain less discernible. So the benefit receipt tax may just deter or delay the sale of land. It probably makes more sense to have an annual levy based on the the assessed (land) value rather than to have an one-shot collection at the point of sale. 

An incredibly nice list Eric. These designers are putting the negative spaces of the letters to fantastic use.

It's called 'criminal trespassing' and if you came onto my property here in Tombstone, Arizona inside of a smoking D9R Caterpillaer bull dozer at 2:00 AM with a 3,000 year old 'expired' lease in your again pocket and you insisted your G-d had given you my house and land , you would be observed at the county dump next night with a 'He died with his boots on,' final epitaph' carved on your forehead.

pleasant, but sliding image is much too fast.
how setting it?

What the latest astounding publish you have made. I only stopped straight into inform you I honestly enjoyed the particular read and can be dropping by just about every now and then from today on.

That video clip indicates nothing at all. It could even assistance Romney._People are catching for the mainstream media is nothing in excess of political hacks in the tank for 0bama.

I had been a bit bit apprehensive once i heard Condy might be the nominee, knowing her feelings about managing in the past. But I have been hopeful anyways. I can't imagine of a greater nominee for VP. whilst Mr Thompson designed some great points. On a single hand I Mr. Thompson knows the ropes, so to speak and I do think he should are actually considered one of the highest two for our presidential prospect in '08. But for the other I am hoping this is certainly one among the couple of important things he is wrong about.

Gout Brings about and Prevention. If you would like to circumvent this by any means run you must follow gout treatment tips.

Wowgirls.com launched in 2011 and since then it possess provided a new WOW scene of the finest erotic content, girl-girl or solo beauty propels. All of the their content is 100% exclusive with ultra-fast downloads of photos and videos or perhaps you can flow the videos directly from the website.

I always was interested in this topic and stock still am, thanks for putting up.

Quite nice, but, no drive, no want. Cars were built to drive. There is certainly a '64 LeMans convertible that demonstrates up at car displays in my area, in great maroon, and cars like this should be around the road, at least once in the when.

stock tip, you'll want to have bought AAPL months ago.

I haven't checked in here for some time as I thought it was getting boring, but the last few posts are good quality so I guess I will add you back to my everyday bloglist. You deserve it my friend :)

Cool info it is really. I've been searching for this update.

Hey there! I simply want to give you a big thumbs up for the excellent info you have got here on this post. I will be returning to your site for more soon.

I’m grateful that such blogs exist.

It is a mine of information, indeed!

Yes you are right, genuinely Personal home page is a open source and its help we can get free from any forum or web site since it occurs at this place at this web site.

I was able to find good advice from your blog articles.

Fantastic! All I read is so wise and noteworthy.

www.actionequalsincome.com ariix compensation plan

I have recently started a site, the information you offer on this web site has helped me greatly. Thank you for all of your time & work. "It is no use saying, 'We are doing our best.' You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary." by Sir Winston Churchill.

Had a chance to obtain the identical car colours and every little thing apart from it had a console and 30k miles for $7,500 in 1982 from a Pontiac collector in Nashville. Would have been some investment.

You may have not intended to do so, but I feel you have managed to express the state of mind that a lot of people are in. The sense of wanting to aid, but not knowing how or where, is one thing a lot of us are going through.

Next time I read a blog, Hopefully it does not fail me just as much as this one. After all, Yes, it was my choice to read, however I truly believed you’d have something interesting to talk about. All I hear is a bunch of complaining about something that you can fix if you weren’t too busy searching for attention.

It truly is almost like modern day democrats are just basically just Marxist, Communists and or American hating Socialists they're almost nothing like the celebration of John F. Kennedy who today woudl be extra conservative than a few of the RINO's while in the GOP...

I love meeting useful info, this post has got me even more info! .

Acid reflux disorder, otherwise known as gastro-esophageal reflux disease, or GERD, arises due to the coexistence of 2 diseases. The first acid reflux disease contributing condition is a retrograde flow of stomach contents into the esophagus. Notwithstanding, the reflux itself does not necessarily give rise to gastro-esophageal reflux disease warning signs or histologic changes, and can happen among healthy people young and old as well. In such a case, the process is referred to as "physiologic gastroesophageal reflux".

I real happy to find this web site on bing, just what I was looking for : D besides saved to favorites .

I've heard this sort of thing before, but you hit the mark!

It's heavy to search made known educated individuals by this topic, still you sound comparable you know what you're talking about! Thanks

Hubert H. Humphrey Institute of Public Affairs