View Zhirong Zhao's profile on LinkedIn

Blogroll

My pages

Visitors

Powered by

Header image of Hong Kong financial center courtesy of hleung on flickr.

Joint development as a value capture strategy

I am working on several reports on value capture strategies, including joint development, tax incremental financing, and special assessment districts. Here is a draft of our joint development report, which will be expanded and revised throughout the coming months (updated 02/2011). Your comments and suggestions will be highly appreciated!¤

The abstract:

Over the years there has been growing concern about the shortage of public transportation investment in the US. One potential solution to alleviate the problem is through value capture, which aims to supplement transportation funding by partially recovering value gains that are associated with transportation improvements.

One particular strategy of value capture is joint development, a subset of public-private partnerships that involve private sector investment in the development of public transportation facility through formal contracts or agreements. In this project, we discuss the concept of joint development as a value capture strategy, and sort through commonly practices of joint development in the United States and some Asian counties.

Moreover, we apply a framework of revenue evaluation to assess the efficacy of joint development as a supplemental mechanism of transportation funding. In general, we find that a properly designed joint development project meet well with most of these principles: it can be both efficient and equitable, because the cost correlates well with benefits received; it may generate sustainable level of fund to supplement construction; it may be more politically acceptable than to raise other taxes; many examples of it has been proved to be administrable with careful preparation, design, and implementation (Word count: 200)

Many thanks for all your get the job done. When using XCode 4.2 to build the Box2dTestBed Target, included with Cocos2d-ios-1.0.1 , and attempting to run in simulator of iOS 4.3, the Box2dTestBed can not launch, as the libc++abi.dylib is missing.

They can all sit in the again with the bus to Hell as far as I'm concerned.

I'd rather have Lin Dans WC-final T-shirt!!!

Hiya. Very nice blog!! Man .. Beautiful .. Superb .. I'll bookmark your blog and take the feeds also...I am satisfied to locate a lot of helpful info right here within the post. Thanks for sharing..

Really fantastic information can be found on site . "That is true wisdom, to know how to alter one's mind when occasion demands it." by Terence.

Awsome article and acceptably to the point. I don't know if this is truly the paramount categorize to ask but accomplish you guys have a few opinion on where to hire a little professional writers? Thank you

That is a vast point to convey positive. Thanks for the post.

I saw a lot of website but I think this one holds something special in it. "Of writing well the source and fountainhead is wise thinking." by Horace.

But wanna admit that this is very helpful , Thanks for taking your time to write this. "A sailor without a destination cannot hope for a favorable wind." by Leon Tec.

I like this blog very much, Its a really nice office to read and receive information. "Famous remarks are very seldom quoted correctly." by Simeon Strunsky.

I went over this website and I believe you have a lot of wonderful information, saved to bookmarks (:.

You are today where your thoughts have brought you you will be tomorrow where your thoughts take you.

I agree completely with what you wrote. Great Stuff. Keep it going..

What a lovely day for a 1271466! SCK was here

After i retire I might appreciate to move to Hawaii.

I guess, it comes down to 104166 simple choice!

Mario's, on Broad Street, Bloomfield, New Jersey.

What a lovely day for a 997815! SCK was here

I went to your "history of individuals races" backlink. Hardly ever observed a race in Rutland, but I do bear in mind the 3 guys with the incredibly stop of that web web page. Wild Bill Greco, Buddy Krebs + Ed Patnode.

It is deficient fluke to fall out of a thirteenth story window on Friday.

Acid reflux disease, also known as gastro-esophageal reflux disease, or GERD, occurs being a result of the coexistence of 2 problems. The first acid reflux disease contributing condition is a retrograde flow of stomach contents into the esophagus. That said, the reflux itself does not normally contribute to gastro-esophageal reflux disease symptoms or histologic changes, and can appear among healthy men or women as well. In this case, the process is referred to as "physiologic gastroesophageal reflux".

Thanks for giving your ideas. Something is that scholars have a choice between national student loan and a private student loan where it really is easier to choose student loan debt consolidation loan than in the federal student loan.

Nice respond in return of this matter with solid arguments and describing the whole thing on the topic of that.|

Hello. Great job. I did not imagine this. This is a fantastic story. Thanks!

Wow! Express gratitude you! I ad infinitum desirable to engrave taking place my website something comparable that. Bottle I take a portion of your post to my website?

Hubert H. Humphrey Institute of Public Affairs