View Zhirong Zhao's profile on LinkedIn

Blogroll

My pages

Visitors

Powered by

Header image of Hong Kong financial center courtesy of hleung on flickr.

The pricing of online news

New York Times to Charge Frequent Readers of Web Site - NYTimes.com

Starting in early 2011, visitors to the New York Times will get a certain number of articles free every month before being asked to pay a flat fee for access. NYT plans to take about a year of experiments to “get this really, really right.”

Neoclassical economists think that online news should be free to viewers since browsing incurs zero marginal cost for the website. Welfare economists consider online information positive externalities which may be subsidized by the government. Attention economists argue that viewers actually bring in benefits with their attention, as reflected by ads revenues.

For new institutional economists, Ronald Coase would say that, as long as the ownership rights are clearly demarcated, everything beneficial or detrimental to others could be priced just right, if the tractional cost is zero. For Steven Cheung, of course there will be “institutional cost” -- the term he prefers over “transactional cost” -- but he believes that smart “constrained maximizers” with lots of test-and-errors could reach appropriate contractual relationships, given circumstances, to minimize “rent dissipation.”

So it would be interesting to follow NYT’s experiments of this online news pricing.

ou man, doesn't sound quite good....,
I mean what do they think these people
doesn't they already have really enough revenue
from the advertising?
But on the other hand if there are people who wanna pay than it's probably ok...

I just moved towards the US and I'm having trouble finding global and national news merged into a single show. I just want the traditional news where the anchor reads the introduction, he/she talks about it, a video is shown and she just moves onto the next story.

Banning of youtube is actually a really appropriate action taken by Pakistan Telecommunication Authorities.

I bet Axl Rose is wishing he'd imagined of that ...

It is possible possibly on your hands along with knees as well as receive the sort of clean you'll be able to attach a new person of polish lineage deal with into. I enjoy your post deal with because you can "lean" around the post and obtain a more intense "brushing" action. I have used chlorine bleach remedy about patio's which have a natural slime on them this can be a mold/mildew increase. The idea kills the actual mildew and can tarnish the solid wood a little (turn it dark the location where the mildew had been).

I have a few running favorites. One is my Brooks running shoes. I think they are the best shoes on the market. Second is my Asics socks. And lastly are my dogtags. My wife purchased some that have my childrens names on them and the mantra Pride is Forever. These always help remind me what Im running for.

Thanks for putting this information up. This is EXACTLY what I

Risk more than others think is safe. Care more than others think is wise. Dream more than others think is practical. Expect more

Then they make movies about people going missing and getting cut up and laugh about it. Thats the jew for you. The deflection in the movie Hostel was the ISRAELI guy in it..just to throw you off the jew scent

You may have not intended to do so, but I think you have managed to express the state of mind that a lot of people are in. The sense of wanting to help, but not knowing how or where, is something a lot of us are going through.

It is sad that so many Indians are not offended by the fact that even after 60 years of Independence we still have so much poverty and hunger in our society but by the fact that it is being depicted by a Westerner. If you have a look at the kind of movies that Danny makes, you will realize that it is far from the crap that comes out of the YashRaj & KJo factories. Trainspotting for example was not a movie I could sit through. I couldnt stomach it. He was showing his own country. So to blame him that he wants to show India in bad light is something I am not willing to accept.

Not many people know this but one of the persistent criticisms that Ray faced throughout his life from Left-leaning Bangali intellectuals was that his depiction of suffering was not hard-hitting enough (Ray's most stark depiction of poverty “Asani Sanket” was dragged over the coals as a “dushtu-mishti” [sweet-naughty] depiction of the Bengal famine because according to the critics it was way too arty and subtle and poetic.)

The former mayor of Quincy, a 6 term DEMOCRAT, endorsed Scott Brown today! This is incredible and historic! To all the voters of Massachusetts, lets all get out tomorrow and vote for Scott Brown in droves. Lets make this election the Massachusetts Miracle and the Scott heard round the world! ( I love that!) This will be one of the first steps of many in we, the people taking back our country; go Scott!!

Although there are quotes that can be taken out of context that support the extreme reich, generally they were a "live and let live" bunch of guys who had little interest in imposing their particular brand of religion upon another. They were also generally emphatic about NOT allowing others to impose religion (or none) upon others also.

3 robo calls for Brown, 1 from Ayla, 1 poll and 1 from a doctor blasting Obamacare.

One of the things that this event need not turn into is a bashing of wine ratings. There was nothing here to rate. It is utter ridiculous to ever expect wines scoring at those levels to be precise nailable.

Id love to win a HeadSweats hat!

Such a usefule blog wow !!!!. you said it my friend. Dont leave us hanging I want to hear more please. Thanks. tremendous more please more please.

Very good written story. It will be valuable to everyone who usess it, including yours truly :). Keep up the good work - looking forward to more posts.

The very heart of your writing whilst appearing agreeable in the beginning, did not really sit properly with me after some time. Someplace throughout the sentences you actually managed to make me a believer but just for a very short while. I still have got a problem with your jumps in assumptions and one would do nicely to help fill in all those gaps. If you can accomplish that, I would definitely end up being fascinated.

My concern, and Id vote for Brown if I was in MA, Im not, is that the only people who are likely to sit through a robot poll are really committed people, skewing the result. Myself, I always hang up on robots. Every time.

Adamdamn straight about the whining about cussing. Its just words. If you cant handle that, you simply wont be able to deal with the real world.

So, as I said, if Brown wins, the dumb & bad guys win overall. With that said, though, and if there was less at stake health care reform especially I would not terribly mind having someone like Brown win, but only for one reason: the Republican party has become this weird cesspool of anti-science, willfully ignorant, and utterly malicious right wingers, and having a more traditional Republican like Brown with a bread & butter philosophy of fiscal conservatism, having a strong military and promoting good business win in a state like Massachusetts might cause a shift overall in Republican politics from the fringe right to something less polarized and much more constructive. Even if only seen as an election tactic, that would still bring better balance to what Ive always considered the Demo-Republican (or Republocratic) two-party system in this country. The parties need to get along to get anything done, and they should bring their strengths to the table. Democrats (primarily liberals) tend to be like architects who come up with the new ideas, while Republicans (primarily conservatives) are more like the contractors and investors who should try to make those ideas practical and cost effective.

I agree, first few times I didn't get it. Attempt just a few extra times.

Due to all your friends Arthur. I enjoyed every one of the excellent wishes. I'll examine additional tomorrow. Superior evening for now. Really like, Momma Morris

You have to respect these early guys along with their Ingenuity .

Cats Consuming Puppy Foodstuff and Dogs Taking in Cat Foods Pet Information and ... This entry was posted in Uncategorized by admin. Bookmark the permalink.

However, the author created a cool thing..!

Good tips. I totally agree with you. More article please!

I failed to talk to the person, and he didn't have got a price tag on it. I am guessing he experienced it out there for display and also to lure in persons like me.

"Yet one more thing I'd prefer to convey is without a doubt which will instead of aiming to support your current web based certification applications at days of the week that you really finish complete the job (because most people are worn-out should they go back home), make sure to obtain most ones personal periods within the week-ends meant for 1 or 2 programmes in weekdays, despite the fact that this indicates taking some time away from ones personal sunday and sunday. This takes care of considering in the week-ends, you will discover yourself a lot more relaxed in addition to powerful within task function. Many thanks within the special ideas May well discovered inside your website. "

You've brought up a very great points , thanks for that post.

"I couldn’t resist commenting inch

"Document regard a problem truly specialized in that site. inch

“Your website is ultra wholesome as well as helpfull. Thanks”

But wanna say that this is very helpful, Thanks for taking your time to write this.

I have been through the entire content of this blog that is very informative and educated stuff

You must participate from the battle intended for among the best personal weblogs on line. I'll suggest the site!

“this is very interesting. thanks for that. we need more websites such as this. i commend a person on your excellent content material as well as superb subject options. ”

Left on my site a link to this post. I think many people will be interested in it..!

Have operating, marvelous profession! inch

See it for the first time!!...

Are E-cigarette cartridges interchangeable from one brand to another?

Joanbr /I swear, when my remark gets out of moderation, that I failed to see yours to start with!

Baylion explained on September 20, 2012

Sharing some thing is superior than keeping up-to our self, thus the YouTube video that is posted at this place I am going to share by means of my relatives and colleagues.

As a frequent reader of this site, I want to wish you good to have a year 2013 with many joys and professional accomplishments. I wish you strength work continues to write, so you can maintain this wonderful website. Happy New Year for you and for all those who make up the community of this site.

Thankd for dharing, thid id a fantadtic blog podt.Rwally thank you! Awwdomw.

Das Thema scheint mir wichtiger als zunächst gedacht. Danke für die viele Mühe das zusammenzutragen.

Lohnt sich die Versicherung wirklich?

they all are tired from white teeth thats why they put gold or silver teeth!!!!

There is certainly an Avanti sitting out at Patrick's Antique Cars & Trucks in Casa Grande, Arizona to the past couple of decades, It has some f'glass damage, and like all Az vehicles, is suffering from becoming baked because of the sunshine.

Hubert H. Humphrey Institute of Public Affairs